The 582E ADSL Router Modem is an Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) Modem for home or small office network connectivity to an Internet service provider over the Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) network protocol. ATM is a protocol that divides packets into small fixed sized cells for rapid transmission over high-speed networks. The ATM protocol allows various types (e.g. data, voice, and video) of traffic to be securely and efficiently carried over the same network.
This device provides a perfect solution to connect a small group of Internet users to high-speed network via the existing twisted pair telephone line.
A 10/100BaseT port is provided for connection to an Ethernet LAN or Ethernet-equipped PC, and an ADSL port for connecting to your ADSL service provider to get on the Internet.
- Equipped with a 4 or 8-Port 10/100 Ethernet Switch
- Connects multiple PCs to the Internet with just one WAN IP Address (when configured in router mode with NAT enabled)
- Configurable through user-friendly web pages
- Supports IPSec and PPTP Pass-Through for Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Configurable as a DHCP Server on Your Network
- Compatible with virtually all standard Internet applications
- Simple web based status page displays a snapshot of your system configuration, and links to the configuration pages
- Downloadable flash software upgrades
- Support for up to 8 Permanent Virtual Circuits (PVC)
- Supports Classical IP over ATM (CLIP or also referred to as RFC1577)
- Supports USB interface for LAN connection (optional)
Carefully unpack and remove the content. Contact your dealer immediately if any of the following is missing or damaged:
- DSL542EU or DSL582E ADSL Router Modem
- RJ45 Ethernet cable
- RJ11 telephone cable
- USB cable (DSL542EU only)
- Modem Manual/Driver CD
- DC power adapter
ANSI T1.413 Issue 2
Supports up to 8 Virtual Channel Connections (VCs)
AAL layer (AAL5 & SAR)
Ethernet over ATM (RFC 1483)
IP over ATM (RFC 1577)
PPP over AAL5 (RFC 2364)
PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE, RFC 2516)
PPP over ATM (RFC 2364)
Up to 1000 hosts
Ethernet to ADSL self learning Transparent bridging (IEEE 802.1D)
Supports bridged PDU encapsulation (RFC 2684)
Supports MAC address learning
Supports bridge filtering and forwarding function
RIP 1 & 2 dynamic and static routing
DHCP (RFC 1541) / IPCP (Internet Protocol Configuration Protocol (IPCP) RFC 1332
Network Address Translation (NAT) / Port Address Translation (PAT)
Virtual Server Mapping
PAP or CHAP for user authentication
Quality of Service (QoS)
Unspecified Bit Rate (UBR), Guaranteed Frame Rate (GFR), and CBR
Supports SNMP v1 MIB and MIB II
Local or remote text based management.
TFTP (Trivial File Transfer Protocol) and FTP for firmware upgrade, configuration backup and restore
Web-based (HTTP) configuration
Dying Gasp (Option)
Layer 2 MAC Address Filtering
IP filtering and firewall
Package Contents DSL502EU or DSL502E ADSL Router Modem
RJ45 Ethernet cable
RJ11 telephone cable
USB cable (DSL502EU only)
Modem Manual/Driver CD
DC power adapter
The DSL642WLG is an all in one solution combining DSL broadband access with built-in four port switch router and 802.11g Wireless Access Point. With Plug and Play installation upgrading your current DSL modem is as easy as 123. The DSL642WLG features an advanced auto configuration wizard to detect your DSL provider's setup and then configures itself automatically.
Built-in firewall protects your network against intruders, featuring logs and alerts of break-in attempts, while VPN pass-through makes it safe to connect to your business network from home or office.
Features and Benefits
- Full rate operation with up to 24 Mbps downstream data rate and up to 1024 Kbps upstream enables High-speed access to ISP or corporate network
- Auto Configuration Wizard (Automatically detects Telco settings).
- 4-port switch with IEEE 802.3 and 802.3u over UTP (10/100Base-T & MDI/MDI-X, auto sensing) for easy installation and configuration
- Wireless 802.11g Access Point (AP) with 2dBi dipole antenna
- WEP, WPA-PSK support
- Triple Play support for DSL Service Providers offering Voice, Data and Video over a single connection
- Built-in DHCP server automatically assigns IP addresses to all workstations on your LAN & WLAN for easy LAN IP address management.
- Friendly Web GUI for easy configuration, management and status monitoring.
- Ongoing feature enhancements through Web management update new firmware and easy to backup or restore configuration files.
- High-speed Internet access sharing
- Remote workgroup networking
- Corporate LAN access (VPN)
- Distance learning
- Video conferencing
- On-Line Gaming